Thursday 22 October 2015

My Weird Travels!



Though I have travelled to a lot of places, yet I have a number of unfulfilled wishes. Let me bare my heart today. Here are some places where I would like to travel to, some of them really weird.


1.  Travel To The End Of Universe

I had always believed that the universe is infinite. I was shocked when the scientists declared that ‘the universe is finite’.  

Now I am confused.  Questions which bother me are “If universe has boundaries, then what lies beyond the boundaries of universe? Is it an empty space over there? But as such the empty space (vacuum) is found withing universe too”.

Ideally, there has to be “nothing” beyond the point where universe ends. But how can there be something called “nothing”What is “nothing”?

“If I drill a hole through the boundary of the universe, where would the drill go into? Where would it come out?”

To find the answers, I am desperate to travel by myself to the end of universe. And I will carry my handy drilling machine along!

Image courtesy source-1   and  source-2


2.  Travel Into The Inside Of An Atom

I have read enough times that the atom consists of Protons and Neutrons housed within nucleus, and the Electrons wildly rotating around the nucleus. Now it’s high time that I go inside an atom to see it by myself.

I have a long cherished desire to travel into an atom entering through its periphery, escaping the revolving electrons so that they don't dash into me. Then proceed towards the nucleolus and land on a Proton or a Neutrons there.

The adventure will require me to get into an extremely small, infinitesimal form of myself. Small enough to enable me slip through the interatomic space before gate-crashing into the atom. How that would be done is another story.  May be for this, I need to travel first to Geneva in Switzerland  and get into the Hadron Collider tunnel to come out in an infinitesimal form .


Image courtesy godisourfortress  and  howitworksdaily

With my infinitesimal body, I would take a ride on an Electron.  Riding on an Electron revolving around the nucleus would give me a good bird’s eye view of the nucleus. I can jump from one electron to another electron, from the one in the outer orbit to the one in the inner orbits, and thus inch my way towards the nucleolus before landing finally on one of the Protons or Neutrons.

I would even be able to check on the extraneous particles present there, like Positrons, Bosons, etc. which got some people Nobel prize.

And if I am lucky, I may even come across the ‘God Particle’ and be blessed by it.

          

3.  Travel inside my own body, in form of a bacterium (microbe)

I have a weird desire to flow along the bloodstream inside my own body, in form of a microbe (bacterium). May be one day, using some miracle of science, I can make my alter ego incarnated as a bacterium which then will enter into my own body. My tiny microbial form will travel through and explore my body while my original form of body continues to live. The microbial form of me will communicate with my original form’s brain to convey and register its experience (travelogue) as it travels through my body.

My microbial form could enter into my body through the bronchial opening in the same way the streptococci do, and then hop into the blood-stream at the first opportunity.

Once into the bloodstream, I (the microbe) would love to flow to various places of my body like the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, etc., though I would like to steer clear of the organs handling waste management. I sure would need to avoid those traps (filters) in the kidneys lest I get filtered out and be pushed towards that unmentionable part of body.

Image courtesy diseaseproof  and  api.ning

I would also be very cautious of the White Blood Cells lest they attack me and put a premature end to my journey.

I expect to undergo interesting experiences during this travel. Flowing through arteries of my heart would give me a chance to check if my heart is really made of stone as my wife claims.

Once into the stomach, I would try to find out what makes me a person with ‘fire in the belly’; whether it’s a trait of my vigorous personality,……or its just some hydrochloric acid flowing along my stomach walls.

I already know that I am a gutsy person. Travelling through my own guts should only reaffirm that.

Meeting the other fellow bacteria along the way should enable me to prepare a detailed pathological report about the microbes present in my body for my doctor to review.

Coming out from my body will be a challenging task, especially since I do not want to use the ‘waste management’ doors. But I think I should be able to tickle the guy (that’s me) into having a good sneeze and come out quickly with the sneeze.

Or getting onto some damsel’s lips, while this guy (me) kisses her, won’t be a bad idea either.

Actually this weird desire of mine to travel into my body is just a manifestation of my desire to know about myself and find “who am I?”


4.  Travel in past

Einstein opined that it’s possible to go into past, provided we travel at a speed higher than that of light.

Everyone wants to travel to past, but my idea is different. I don’t want to go to the times of kings and queens, or to stone age or to the dinosaurs era for that matter. I want to travel to just one place, to my kindergarten school, as a three year old tiny kid.

Helped by the Einstein’s formula, I would travel at a speed higher than that of light and go back in past to the kindergarten school in shape of a tiny little kid that I was some thirty years ago.


Image courtesy source-1  and  source-2

I really wish to relive those moments of joy, love, curiosity and anticipation which I lived as a tiny little boy a few years ago.

I wish to relive those moments of anxiety when my mother dropped me to the classroom in the mornings, and the moments of ecstasy when I saw her waiting for me at the classroom door in the evenings.

I wish to see my kindergarten teacher again, hear her words of appreciation for having shaped my ‘As and Bs’ well, and mock reprimand for not being able to write ‘Q’ correctly.

I want to feel again the selfless friendship I shared with other kids; I want to eat again from their small lunchboxes leaving my own for them.


I want to sing again my ‘Jingle bells….’ and ‘Twinkle twinkle….’ with a joy in my voice;
I want to ride again my tricycle with a twinkle in my eyes.



I want to chase the butterflies again, jump again into flowerbeds and say, ‘What a wonderful world’.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment